What do you need help with?
Bug report
Installation method
UPM
Issue area
Performance / Latency
Impact
Major - a core flow is broken
Unity version
Unity 6000.4.10f1
Convai Unity SDK version
4.6.0
Character ID
cfad5a1b-e6e1-4523-9a7c-fc6ff3b244e1
Target platform
Windows
Where does it happen?
Both sample and custom scene
Short summary
Character Stops Speaking Before Completing Long Responses
What happened?
Hi Convai team,
I’m reaching out because I’m experiencing an issue with my character frequently stopping its speech while we are interacting.
I’ve noticed that this happens mostly with longer responses. The entire response is displayed correctly in the chat box, but the avatar stops speaking and the lip movements stop before the response has finished playing. I haven’t been able to determine what is causing this behavior.
The project is built in Unity 6.4, we are using WebRTC, Convai version 4.6, and Claude 4.5 Haiku.
The issue occurs both when running the project directly from the Unity Editor and after creating a build.
Please let me know if you need any additional information or project details from my side so we can identify the cause of this issue. This is a very important issue for our project and we would really appreciate your help in finding a solution as soon as possible.
We are expecting a large number of visitors on October 1st so we need to have this issue resolved no later than then.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!
I checked the relevant documentation, resources, and similar forum posts before posting.
on
I confirm that I did not include API keys, tokens, passwords, secrets, private character data, private conversation logs, or customer data.
on
K3
September 28, 2026, 10:59am
2
Could you please share the logs?
Logs.txt (5.7 MB)
Hi K3
These logs were captured when the issue occurred. Please let me know if you need anything else.
K3
September 28, 2026, 12:45pm
5
Thank you for sharing the logs.
I’ve forwarded them to my teammates, and we’ll review them as soon as possible and get back to you with an update.
Thanks K3
Thank you for your response. I would really appreciate it if we could find a solution as soon as possible, as this is very important to us.
Below, I have included a section from the log that may be helpful. It shows the exact point where the issue occurred.
[15:22:58.496][Info][Character]: [RTVIHandler] Character stopped speaking for participant: PA_rKbKjgbsh2Zi
UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
Convai.Runtime.Logging.UnityConsoleSink:Write (Convai.Domain.Logging.LogEntry) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Runtime/Logging/UnityConsoleSink.cs:35)
Convai.Domain.Logging.LogSinkExtensions:WriteIfEnabled (Convai.Domain.Logging.ILogSink,Convai.Domain.Logging.LogEntry&) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Domain/Logging/ILogSink.cs:52)
Convai.Runtime.Logging.ConvaiLogger:DispatchToSinks (Convai.Domain.Logging.LogEntry&) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Runtime/Logging/ConvaiLogger.cs:264)
Convai.Runtime.Logging.ConvaiLogger:LogMessageUnchecked (string,Convai.Domain.Logging.LogLevel,Convai.Domain.Logging.LogCategory,System.Exception) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Runtime/Logging/ConvaiLogger.cs:198)
Convai.Runtime.Logging.ConvaiLogger:LogMessage (string,Convai.Domain.Logging.LogLevel,Convai.Domain.Logging.LogCategory,System.Exception) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Runtime/Logging/ConvaiLogger.cs:169)
Convai.Runtime.Logging.ConvaiLogger:Convai.Domain.Logging.ILogger.Info (string,Convai.Domain.Logging.LogCategory) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Runtime/Logging/ConvaiLogger.cs:519)
Convai.Domain.Logging.TaggedLogger:Info (string,Convai.Domain.Logging.LogCategory) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Domain/Logging/TaggedLogger.cs:43)
Convai.Infrastructure.Networking.RTVIHandler:HandleCharacterStoppedSpeaking (Convai.Infrastructure.Protocol.ProtocolMessage) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Runtime/Infrastructure/Networking/Abstractions/RTVIHandler.cs:308)
Convai.Infrastructure.Protocol.ProtocolGateway/DelegateMessageHandler:Handle (Convai.Infrastructure.Protocol.ProtocolMessage) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Runtime/Infrastructure/Protocol/ProtocolGateway.cs:145)
Convai.Infrastructure.Protocol.ProtocolGateway:ProcessIncoming (Convai.Infrastructure.Protocol.ProtocolPacket) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Runtime/Infrastructure/Protocol/ProtocolGateway.cs:123)
Convai.Infrastructure.Networking.ProtocolPacketDispatchSupport:DispatchIncoming (Convai.Infrastructure.Networking.Transport.DataPacket,Convai.Infrastructure.Protocol.ProtocolGateway,Convai.Infrastructure.Networking.RTVIHandler) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Runtime/Infrastructure/Networking/Abstractions/ProtocolPacketDispatchSupport.cs:29)
Convai.Infrastructure.Networking.Native.NativeRoomController:HandleDataPacketReceived (Convai.Infrastructure.Networking.Transport.DataPacket) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Infrastructure/Networking/Native/NativeRoomController.cs:1069)
Convai.Infrastructure.Networking.Native.NativeRealtimeTransport:OnDataPacketReceived (Convai.Infrastructure.Networking.Transport.DataPacket) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Infrastructure/Networking/Native/NativeRealtimeTransport.cs:613)
Convai.Infrastructure.Networking.Connection.LiveKitRoomBackend/<>c__DisplayClass78_0:b__0 () (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Infrastructure/Networking/Native/Connection/LiveKitRoomBackend.cs:532)
Convai.Infrastructure.Networking.Connection.LiveKitRoomBackend:DispatchToMainThread (System.Action) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Infrastructure/Networking/Native/Connection/LiveKitRoomBackend.cs:558)
Convai.Infrastructure.Networking.Connection.LiveKitRoomBackend:HandleDataReceived (byte ,LiveKit.Participant,LiveKit.Proto.DataPacketKind,string) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/SDK/Infrastructure/Networking/Native/Connection/LiveKitRoomBackend.cs:532)
LiveKit.Room:OnEventReceived (LiveKit.Proto.RoomEvent) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/Plugins/client-sdk-unity-livekit/Runtime/Scripts/Room.cs:501)
LiveKit.Internal.FfiClient:DispatchEvent (LiveKit.Proto.FfiEvent) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/Plugins/client-sdk-unity-livekit/Runtime/Scripts/Internal/FFIClient.cs:576)
LiveKit.Internal.FfiClient/<>c:b__68_0 (object) (at Assets/Convai SDK For Unity/Plugins/client-sdk-unity-livekit/Runtime/Scripts/Internal/FFIClient.cs:553)
UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext:ExecuteTasks ()
Hi
I just wanted to kindly follow up and check if there are any updates regarding the logs I shared yesterday.
Whenever you have a chance, I’d appreciate any update you may have.
Thank you very much.
K3
September 29, 2026, 1:40pm
8
My teammates are still reviewing the logs. Once they complete their investigation, they’ll provide an update here.